It’s no secret that the world of e-commerce is fiercely competitive, especially since so many consumers have switched to shopping online for added convenience and health concerns. Long before the COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of e-commerce though, businesses of all sizes and industries had to find the right combination of traits in order to be attractive to customers.
Established and popular brands all have this in common: they have key characteristics that make them the most attractive option to consumers looking for products in those respective markets.
To be successful as an e-commerce business in 2021 and beyond, it is vital for companies to embody the following qualities.
- An Interesting Story: The story you tell your customers is not only the story about your brand, but the story that will resonate with them as a reason for supporting your company. When told honestly, and consistently, customers will be able to relate it to their own lives and develop a better sense of connection to your brand.
- Authenticity: As you tell your story, you will only win customers over by showing your authenticity. From having store policies that align with customers’ needs to tackling customer complaints head on, you will only grow your authenticity in consumers’ eyes.
- Uniqueness: From sunup to sundown, consumers are blasted with advertising from brands across every platform imaginable. The successful brands, however, create a unique presence that speaks to consumers and keeps them coming back for more.
- Loyalty to Customers: By staying loyal to customers, brands are able to create a solid relationship that lasts. Loyalty to customers can come in the form of an actual loyalty or rewards program, having fair policies regarding returns, or even just giving free gifts to customers who make multiple purchases from you.
- Outstanding Service and Products: No amount of marketing can suffice if the product you offer or your customer service is subpar. All great companies offer the best of both of these worlds to customers consistently.
- Simple Checkout: Complicated checkouts or ones with several barriers (pop ups, no guest option, etc.) are often avoided. Make sure your checkout is simple for customers and they will be much more likely to become repeat buyers.
- Unbeatable User Experience: A well-designed, functional website is at the heart of succeeding as an e-commerce business. A smooth user experience, from finding you easily on Google, through checkout and beyond is the key to long-term success.
Want to chat with an experienced consultant about how to achieve the success of popular e-commerce brands? Contact Mar Dat now to schedule a call.